Secretary Rubio and the State Department have revoked the student visas of students who participated in assault burglary and support of terrorist organizations.
On Monday, the State Department revoked the visas of over 6,000 students for various issues including law breaking and overstays.
This comes as the Trump administration has been cracking down deportations in the U.S. The majority of the revocations came from students overstaying their visas. The law violations include violations from DUI to assault. Students facing law violations will be prosecuted and will face the corresponding punishment.
“Every single student visa revoked under the Trump Administration has happened because the individual has either broken the law or expressed support for terrorism while in the United States,” a senior State Department official said in a statement to Fox News Digital. “About 4,000 visas alone have been revoked because these visitors broke the law while visiting our country, including records of assault and DUIs.”
Of the 6,000 rescinded student visas, around 4,000 were because the holder broke the law, a department spokesman told The New York Post, with the “vast majority” of the crimes committed included assault, DUI and burglary. (RELATED: University of Wisconsin Chancellors Receive Pay Raises Amid Financial Challenges)
Students who have also participated in pro-terrorist rallies since 2023. About 200-300 people had their visa revoked for raising funds for Hamas organizations, which the U.S. government has designated as a terrorist organization.
University’s across Wisconsin, including students at UW-Madison came under investigation last year after creating a Pro-Palestinian encampment on campus. The University claimed that the students were in violation of campus protest laws. 19 students were arrested, and the demonstration moved back into within campus policy with a deal arranged. (RELATED: Victims’ Rights Law At Center of Bradley-Taylor Wisconsin Supreme Court Election)